Dear DISES Members,
As we come to the close of 2017, I want to highlight some of the accomplishments that will move DISES forward in the New Year.
- The passage of the revised bylaws that provide more clarity in the decision making processes for DISES
- The success of the Roundtable in Sofia, Bulgaria this past June
- The partnership between DISES and the Saudi American Association of Special Education (SAASPED)
- The commitment of our U.S. and Cape Town organizational teams who are planning the upcoming DISES International Conference in Cape Town, South Africa July 3 – 5, 2018.
- Welcoming our newly elected members of the Board of Directors.
- Jugnu Agrawal, Vice President
- Mary Kealy, President Elect
- Lauren Katzman, Membership Chair
- Clara Hauth, Member at Large
- Hannah Ehrli, Member at Large
- Abdullah Alshehri, Student Representative
One of the major changes that will occur in 2018 is the transition of the Executive Director. After five years as the DISES Executive Director, Dr. Thomas Gumpel will be transitioning out of his position on January 1, 2018. To allow for a smooth transition Dr. Gumpel has agreed to serve as a transition support to the new Executive Director through July 2018. We will be welcoming Dr. Alice Farling as the new Executive Director on January 1, 2018.
Please join me in Tampa, Florida for the CEC conference, February 7-10, 2018, as we welcome all of our new Board of Directors, announce the DISES award winners at the Friday evening DISES social, and say “Thank You” to Dr. Gumpel for his years of service to the organization.
Have a happy holiday season,
Dr. Vicky Spencer, President
November 2017, the DISES ByLaws were changed and ratified by the members. You can download the ByLaws HERE.
The Division of International Special Education and Services (DISES) is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Saudi American Association of Special Education (SAASPED). MORE